With Halloween just around the corner, many kids are, and even some adults, are getting excited over the thoughts of all the candy. Candy is undeniably one of the biggest parts of the Halloween celebration in the United States. In fact, Americans buy around 600 million pounds of candy on Halloween, and most trick-or-treat bags will be filled with 11,000 calories worth of candy.
There is no denying that we love our candy. Since it is such a huge part of the holiday, here are a few facts about our favorite sweets.
- Every state has a favorite Halloween candy, California’s is Life Savers.
- Kids tend to prefer chocolate candies over other types.
- Adults will often hand out their favorite candy to trick-or-treaters.
- Three Musketeers bars used to come with three bars in a pack, one chocolate, one vanilla, and one strawberry.
- The mystery flavor in Dum Dums lollipops is ever changing, and is created when two flavors mix due to the machine switching to a different flavor.
- Despite the myth, Pop Rocks will not make children will explode, however, the FDA has created a hotline that parents can call if they are still concerned about this.
- Rock Candy can take a few days, or weeks to produce. It all depends on how many crystals are being created.
- Smarties are the best candy to have when counting calories, they only have 25 per pack.
- It takes roughly 364 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.